When you come to Finland, check that you have prepared for all the things below
- Preliminary assignment ready
- Personal travel insurance. We have insurance for the event but it does not cover your travel or if you stay here for a couple of days before or after the conference.
- European Health Insurance Card (available for citizens of EU countries and some other European countries), if you have one.
The temperature during the event can easily vary from +5°C to +20 °C and rain is possible. Thus, you should prepare proper clothing for the trip. Layered clothing is recommended.
- Wind/rain proof jacket
- Socks and underwear
- Hat or scarf to protect you from the sun
Pack enough spares of each item of clothing for a week
- shoes suitable for walking in the city
- shoes suitable for walking in the forest (waterproof if possible)
TOILETRIES AND PERSONAL HYGIENE
- hair brush
- personal medication
- smartphone and/or laptop
- chargers for electronics (and a power bank if you have one)
- adapter for electronics if needed (finnish plugs are 230V 50Hz European type)